Member Update (MU02-17)

Member Pipeline - Member Services & Information - Update (MU 02-17)

To: Members & Affiliates
From: National Office
Date: November 7, 2002
Subject: The Evolving Public Utility. . . Leading the Workforce of Today
Reference: MU 02-18

print Printer friendly version

The Evolving Public Utility. . . Leading the Workforce of Today
February 4-7, 2003
Eldorado Hotel
Santa Fe, New Mexico

With the holiday season approaching, and our hotel cut-off right after the new year, now is the ideal time to make your plans to attend AMSA's 2003 Winter Conference, The Evolving Public Utility. . .Leading the Workforce of Today. Set for February 4-7 in scenic Santa Fe, New Mexico, we're pulling out all the stops to make this AMSA's best conference ever. Everything you need to plan your participation is attached to this 'members only' advance mailing. Don't delay - register today!

Program Highlights
This year, AMSA's management conference offers a unique look at The Evolving Public Utility, by examining key factors, developments and trends that support effective leadership of the workforce of today. . . and even tomorrow.

Identifying & Selecting an Effective Workforce, Developing & Sustaining an Effective Workforce, Managing an Effective Workforce, and Rating, Rewarding & Compensating an Effective Workforce will serve as the organizing anchors of the agenda through which issues such as organizational development, succession planning, performance evaluation, and labor relations - among others - will be examined in depth. The attached narrative program provides a complete overview of the topics we will explore.

Numerous AMSA Committees to Meet
AMSA's 2003 Winter Conference will provide a forum for numerous AMSA committees to meet. Attendees and committee members will have the opportunity to learn about - and provide valuable input regarding - new development and key milestones as AMSA works to achieve the goals of the wastewater management community. Issues ranging from air quality to wastewater infrastructure security will receive attention during the meetings of AMSA's committees. See the attached preliminary program for a complete listing of committee meetings.

Registration Materials & Important Deadlines
Reserve your hotel room today by contacting Santa Fe's Eldorado Hotel at 1-800/955-4455 to ensure AMSA's special room rate of $159 single/double. The deadline for hotel reservations is Friday, January 3, 2003.

A registration form for AMSA's 2003 Winter Conference, The Evolving Public Utility. . .Leading the Workforce of Today is attached to this Member Update. Use it today to register for this important management conference.

We look forward to seeing you in Santa Fe for
The Evolving Public Utility. . .
Leading the Workforce of Today
February 4-7, 2003

ATTACHMENTS: