Member Pipeline - Member Services & Information - Update (MU 00-11)

To: Members & Affiliates
From: National Office
Date: December 7, 2000
Subject: AMSA TO OFFER E-ALERTS IN 2001
Reference: MU 00-11

Action Please By:
December 27, 2000

We are pleased to present the first phase of AMSA’s Electronic Communications Strategy, allowing the Association, and its Members and Affiliates, to take full advantage of the our web site and e-mail capabilities. Starting in January 2001, you can receive the majority of AMSA communications via e-mail with links to information posted at We’re calling this new offering E-Alerts and we invite your agency to become one of the first to access this new service.

Should your agency choose to take advantage of this new service, E-Alerts will notify you immediately via e-mail when new AMSA correspondence has been released. You will receive an E-Alert notification as soon as new Legislative Alerts, Regulatory Alerts, Legal Alerts, Member Updates, Legislative Updates, and Regulatory Updates have been posted. Each E-Alert will include a brief summary of the new information along with a direct link to the location on AMSA’s web site where the correspondence has been posted. Members who choose not to receive E-Alerts will continue to receive hard copies in the mail, and publications – like the monthly Clean Water News – will also continue to appear in your mailbox.

E-Alerts have many advantages. The information will reach AMSA members faster and more efficiently than the mail, while saving paper and postage costs. Perhaps most importantly, the information can be easily shared, via internal e-mail, among staff at each agency. The bottom line is that the efficiency of the information exchange between AMSA its members will be dramatically increased, and costs will be controlled.

Don’t hesitate – sign up for this new service today! You may do so on AMSA web site or via the attached fax form.

Sign up for AMSA’s E-Alerts at http://www.nacwa.org/signup-emember.cfm.