Member Update (MU05-07)

Member Pipeline - Member Services & Information - Update (MU05-07)

To: Members & Affiliates
From: National Office
Date: April 15, 2005
Subject: AMSA’S 35th ANNIVERSARY ANNUAL MEETING & NATIONAL CLEAN WATER POLICY FORUM MEMBERSHIP MEETING MATERIALS
Reference: MU 05-07

print Printer friendly version

Membership Meeting Materials

AMSA’s 35th Anniversary Annual Meeting – May 1 - 2, 2005
National Clean Water Policy Forum – May 3 - 4, 2005
Marriott Metro Center
Washington, DC

AMSA’s 35th Anniversary Annual Meeting and the National Clean Water Policy Forum are rapidly approaching! We look forward to seeing a large contingent of AMSA members in Washington in early May. Please review the Membership Meeting Materials which follow. Members who will not be in attendance at the Annual Business Meeting on Monday, May 2, are requested to complete the attached proxy to ensure their representation at the business meeting.

As of today, we have sold out of our room block at the Marriott at Metro Center. If you have already made your hotel reservation, and find that you are unable to attend, please contact Nirah Forman at the National Office (202/833-8418 or nforman@amsa-cleanwater.org) to cancel your reservation. This will allow AMSA to offer your room to another Forum attendee. If you have not yet made hotel reservations, also contact Nirah so that she may assist you in securing accommodations resulting from a cancellation or at an alternate hotel.

AMSA Celebrates 35 Years of Clean Water
On May 2, 2005 AMSA will mark its 35th Anniversary in two significant ways. On that date the Association will assume its new name – the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA) – and celebrate 35 years of commitment to clean water with a President’s Reception & Gala Celebration.

We hope you plan on joining with us as we mark this important milestone. Attire for the Reception & Gala is black tie optional. Should you wish to rent a tuxedo, the Association has arranged for group-rate tuxedo rentals which will be delivered to the Marriott at Metro Center at 12:00 pm on Sunday, May 1 and will be picked up on May 3. Additional information is included with this Update.

Enclosed are your membership materials for the meeting, including information on upcoming membership votes and recent agendas for both the 35th Anniversary Annual Meeting and National Clean Water Policy Forum. We hope to see each of you in Washington, DC in May!

Include in this Member Update are the following:

Attachment A:
MEMBER PROXY (PDF)

The agenda for AMSA’s Annual Business Meeting includes the election of new Board members (see Attachment B) and the approval of new Articles of Incorporation (see Attachment C). Members unable to attend the Annual Business Meeting are urged to complete the proxy form under Attachment A. Please fax (202/833-3743) your completed proxy to the National Office by close of business on Thursday, April 28, 2005.

Attachment B:
CANDIDATES NOMINATED FOR THE AMSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS (PDF)

Attachment C:
PROPOSED AMENDED ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION (PDF)

Incorporating the Association’s new name – the National Association of Clean Water Agencies

Attachment D:
TUXEDO RENTAL INFORMATION (PDF)

Attachment E:
STANDING COMMITTEE, TASK FORCE & WORKGROUP AGENDAS (PDF)

Many of AMSA’s Standing Committees will meet during the 35th Anniversary Annual Meeting. The agendas for the committee meetings follow and are provided under this Attachment.

Attachment F:
ANNUAL MEETING & POLICY FORUM PROGRAM AGENDAS & REGISTRATION MATERIALS

Attached to this Update are detailed agendas for both AMSA’s 35th Anniversary Annual Meeting and the National Clean Water Policy Forum – as well as registration information for both meetings.